Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Keeping Connections Strong

Healthy relationships take intentional investments. I find this to be even more important as time goes by and you become more comfortable with the people in your life. Even though Joel and I work together, minister together and constantly see each other, we are intentional about making time for one another outside of our daily obligations. We love to take walks together or ride bikes. Sometimes, we just get in the car and go for a drive. We make time to join our hearts together without distractions. Because we spend quality time together, I know what to expect from Joel, and he knows what to expect from me. We make sure we connect on a personal level which keeps our relationship strong.
I believe we also have to be intentional with our children. We can't always be "on the job" as parents. We need to see their gifts and talents and share their ideas. We need to create personal connections with them and enjoy them as individuals. I enjoy my children as much today as I did when they were little. I learn from them and appreciate their ideas and feedback. 
I believe that one of the easiest and most profound ways to connect is by sharing a meal together. It doesn't matter which meal, but studies show that sharing at least one meal a day builds a bond of trust. Children who share meals with their parents are more confident and less likely to fall into peer pressure. Always remember that the seeds you plant into your relationships now will develop into a bountiful harvest in the future. Sow good seeds into your relationships and always keep the connections strong!
"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." (Ephesians 4:3, NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment